Can you safely take amitriptyline with a low dose of tramadol for pain?




Kayleigh

Can you safely take Amitriptyline 75mg a day with a low dose of tramadol for pain?If it is dangerous then I plan to come off the Amitriptyline and straight onto the tramadol for my painThanks in advance



Andera

Well here is the thing, both of these drugs serotonin reuptake inhibitors and Amitriptyline acts primarily as a serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor, with strong nueroephendrine properties, what this means is this, In short it is a precursor to dopamine but not as L-tyrosine is to serotonin, and has no effect on dopamine (All anti dperessant (OH MY GOD A TYPO!) are serotonin reuptake inhibitors with mild effect on dopamine, if not they would work just like cocaine) and Tramadol is an opiate like MU2 or Mu1 agonist with a very mild serotonin reuptake inhibitor. So one is an anti depressant, the other is an anti-depressant, with mild opioud like characteristics. Similar to codiene, but where codiene wacks MU1 and 2 Trammies only hit one. ANd MU1 and 2 receptors are the marvelous receptors that cause physical dependence.I DO not see an issue BUT.........it is like taking two anti depressants, this can either enhance the results of the medications or it can really, really have horrible and bad consequences. I.G. Like wanting to commit suicide. Ask a pharmacist and the thing is this, (But I know as much as them) like me, it is a difficult question to answer, (I would not based on my knowledge even mix these two damn drugs!) do not go cold turky on the AMitriptyline but reduce it ever three days and the Tramadol will take over for both drug in a sense act the same way and it is akin to saying, I want to totally stop Oxycodone but remain on hydrocodone. It does not matter, and what is a low dose of Tramadol, 100mg's a day, be specific if you want a specific answer. I genuinely have the exerpience, and I can mispell experience, I earned that right, I AM DynoDiKk. (Lot's of it) I need more specific information.In other words, you will not withdraw, but my friend Tramadol is a horrible drug for pain, it is hell to get off and in reality your better taking a real opiate as opposed to this crap. i hate to do this in all my answers on Ultram, but I have to do it, it is a crappy drug and withdrawal from it is hell. Tramadol is a narcotic and I go at it with RN nurses all the time and they insist, Dynodikk; it is absolutely not a narcotic. The hell it isn't, technically it can not be considered one; by virtue of the fact a narcotic must be a natural derivative of opium, (Hence it is synthetic thus not a narcotic, technically but The Police can call marijuana a narcotic, and that is WRONG! Nor is cocaine a narcotic!) but that's a dumb concept because on this premise they can say methadone is not a narcotic either. And to say methadone is not a narcotic is just being an ***. See what I am saying?Be careful with those trammies bro.



Earl
Laceyville
Fort Towson
La Belle
Orange Park
Prudhoe Bay