I have been taking 6 tramadol a day for a year i just found out i am 5 weeks pregnant will my baby be ok?




Beverlee

I have been on 6 tramadol a day. Dr perscribed like that for a year. I just found out i am 5 weeks pregnant. I read the reports and know that it is a class c drug and know about the possible effects to the baby. I am wondering that even though i took 6 a day for 5 weeks of my pregnancy will the baby have all or any of those problems if i stop taking it now? Anybody know?



Exie

I took tramadol and vicodin and still do, you'll be fine and your baby will be fine, don't try and stop taking them all of the sudden though because you and your baby will go through withdraws and trust me that's not fun.



Christia

A lot of women get prescribed pain meds during their pregnancy, make sure that you tell your doctor. I think 6 is a little much, but just ask your dr. If you stop now, taper off, so you don't go through withdrawals b/c you will if you don't taper off. If you do stop now more than likely your baby will be fine. Good luck



Elmira

I was taking about 4 tramadol a day when I found out I was pregnant. My doctor told me that he wasn't worried that damage had occurred, but he recommended that I not take them anymore. I had my 20 week ultrasound recently, and so far, the signs all point to a healthy pregnancy. Some pain medicines are safe. I'd talk to them about which ones are best or worse. My pediatrician prescribed me lortabs for a bad ear infection. They just gave me a lesser dose than they would have if I wasn't pregnant. I had tylenol 3 at home and asked if I could take those. He strongly urged me not to as codeine is known for being one of the riskiest of pain medicines when you're pregnant.



Christinia

go back and see your doctor. i think 6 a day is alot.



Eddyville
Pecan Grove
Herron
Westside
Hindsville
Fruitville