Does tramadol ultram 50 mg have any fever reducing effect or can tylenol be taken in conjunction with this?




Asley

I have a horrible case of strep throat and my doctor didn't prescribe any pain medicine. So, I took 50 mg Tramadol (Ultram) that I had already to help with the throat pain. I have a fever now and need to know, does Tramadol have any fever reducing effects or should I go ahead and take some Tylenol in conjunction with it?



Brenda

Be sure that it's not Ultracet, but if it's truly Tramadol 50 mg, then yeah, by all means take tylenol with it as the tramadol will not help your fever.



Dorsey

Tramadol does not aid in reducing a fever but you should consult a pharmacist or doctor before combining it with Tylenol



Inge

Tramadol is a synthetic narcotic. It has no effect on fever.Warm saline gargles, help, Chloraseptic lozenges and gargle help.The doctor can give you viscous lidocaine to gargle with for pain.



Cedar Fort
Ballwin
Kamiah
Trout Valley
Clarkfield
Ames Lake