Im going cold turkey off of tramadol starting friday of this weekend?




Leisha

I tried weaning myself but my psychological dependence on the drug gets in my way. Do you have any advice or tips that might lessen the withdrawal or just make it a little easier? I'm taking 2 50mg pills twice a day, how long until the worst part of the withdrawal is over ad how long until i should feel normal again?



Sandie

Here's what I suggest you do to help you get over the psychological dependence on this drug. Believe me you will feel better after one week of doing what I have recommended. Here is what I suggest to get you over the worst part of the withdrawals. To help with the withdrawals take hot bathes with 2c. of dissolved Epsom salts and soak for 30 minutes. The skin is the biggest organ of elimination and this will help pull out the drugs. Use a loofa to clean the pores and this will help pull the drugs out even faster. I recommend you drink purified water mixed with mineral water 50/50. This will replace the minerals that are exiting your body continuously.I suggest that adults and children drink 40 ounces of water per 100 pounds of body weight every day and 2c. a day of fresh carrot juice, to flush the medicine out of your liver. Taking 500mg of calcium and magnesium twice a day will help you to relax. Drink chamomile tea throughout the day and evening to help you stay relaxed. Use a powdered fiber supplement twice daily to pull the drugs out of your intestines where they store. Two of the questionnaires in this forum did follow this program to withdraw from drugs and it did help. I've enclosed a link where you can read their response to this program. If you have any further questions please let me know, Billie77answers.yahoo.com/question/index;answers.yahoo.com/question/index;



Christene

the best way to go off the med is to taper. try cutting the pills and taking portions.you may also use benadryl to keep yourself a little more calm, follow the directions on the bottle. then distract yourself the best you can.try pacving around. i dont know how long youve been on the med to say how long u will detox,but goodluck to you;)michele



Giselle

What I did was I finished all my tramadol and didn't get my Rx refilled even if I could. I made a decision to go off the meds and I stuck to it. Drink lots of water. Entertain yourself by reading a book, watch a movie, etc. Look for other ways to deal with the pain - the non-medical ones - exercise, diet, etc.My withdrawal symptoms lasted for about 5 days and I was on tramadol for about 4 years, 100mg twice a day. I even went up to 200mg twice a day for a time.



Barton Hills
Villard
Fort Dix
Thackerville
Bee Ridge
Laguna