How long does it take to become addicted to tramadol ultram?




Emiko

I hurt my foot recently, and my doctor put me on this. Well, I've been taking more than I should at once, and I would like to hear anyone's opinion.



Shenita

Contrary to an answer I saw given to you, Tramadol is not listed as a narcotic drug (yet). It is an opiate based medication that is used to control mild to moderate pain, and has proven very effective. However, if you are having to double up, then you should discuss other options with your doctor, simply because he knows you and your injury and can tell you what is best as far as making your injury heal properly.There isn't really a time frame regarding addiction. Some people can just become addicted to the fact that they are taking meds. Everyone is different, but I can tell you some signs of addiction that should help you to evaluate your use.1) Taking medication earlier than the time frame prescribed.2) Taking extra medication.3) Not being honest with physician about your consumption of the drug, or about your pain.I think the best way to determine if you have an addiction or are becoming addicted is to be truly honest with yourself. It is easy for you to convince yourself that you need the drug if you are not being logical about its use.Good Luck



Lupe

Ultram is a wide spectrum pain reliever but like any drug if taken NOT according to the prescription it can be ineffective and potentially quite harmful. I have been on this drug for the past 2 years due to MS and have not noticed side effects similar to an addictive medication. Have a talk with your local pharmacist or physician follow the directions as written,otherwise the drug will be ineffective.



Hilaria

There is not a set time limit for addiction or dependence. You say that you have been taking more than you should, are you doing this because you are in more pain than the ultram is helping with, or are you taking more to get high? Be honest with yourself.Either way, you need to speak with your doctor. Be truthful with your doctor about your level of pain, and how much ultram you have been taking, and how often.



Donovan

Check your other question about someone answering your question. I did.IF YOU DIDN'T WANT THE TRUTH. DON'T ASK FOR IT TWICE!!!!!!



Monticello
Roseburg North
Foundryville
Dalzell
Gates
Ballenger Creek