Why would a vet give my dog tramadol?




Eura

my vet gave my dog tramadol what does this drug do for a dog is it to relieve swelling???



Andrea

Tramadol is a mild pain reliever. My doc gives it to me because I have arthritis and can't take other meds. Your vet sounds cool. Many vets don't seem to care that an animal is in pain, so it's nice to hear there is one who does. :)



An

here's an idea (and i'm just spitballing here) ASK THE VET duuuuuuuuuuuuuh!



Gita

Tramadol is used to relieve moderate to moderately severe pain.



Johnna

Does your dog have arthritis or another type of inflammation?Cancer?www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/medmaster/a695011.htmlIt's a narcotic pain med, but not as addictive as morphine or other narcotics



Cynthia

Tramadol is a human drug that recently is being used by veterinarinas to control pain. The drug is usually given after surgery when NSAIDS can't be tolerated by the dog.Tramadol has some side effects, constipation has been reported in some cases, and nausea is also possible. These conditions will cease when the medication is stopped.I'm surprised your vet didn't explain all this to you before you left his office.



Armstrong
Fords Prairie
Emery
Miltonvale
Accord
Enochville