I want to quit taking tramadol how long do i have to wait before taking subutex?




Johnie

I have been on Subutex for 3 years, because of pain pill dependency. Because of my bulging discs, I had to take tramadol for a few days for pain. But now, I want to go back to subutex. Thanks



Lezlie

to prevent withdrawl you should wait several half-lifes of the opioid you were just taking[1]. The half life of tramadol is 5-7 hours[2]. so 24 hours after taking tramadol you will have 6.25 of the dose left in your system. As you appear to have been clean for 3 years before your back problem it is likely that you wouldn't go into the same withdrawal you experienced 3 years ago.



Carie

Driz 11 has got some basic pharmacology right but has missed the main point: Tramadol is a synthetic opioid and as such has no physiological addictive properties.You are more at risk from stopping your subutex than you ever will be from stopping Tramadol after a few days use ..



Leisa

i am so glad to read about someone on this med Subutex, i am taking my son to the doctor Mon. to have him put on this for addiction to Oxycontin, after 7 years of inpatient care and out patient care he cannot stay off this stuff. i know little about this drug and would love to have you email me and answer a few questions for me about this, my email is janicestcharles@yahoo.net if you could , if you don't i understand have no one else to turn to about this med. thank-you and good luck in you re recovery



German Valley
Poplarville
Surry
Conning Towers-Nautilus Park
Steelton
Madeira Beach