Im going cold turkey off of tramadol any tips that can help me?




Chantal

Tramadol is a non narcotic but very addictive prescription pain reliever. I tried weaning myself but my psychological dependence on the drug gets in my way. Do you have any advice or tips that might lessen the withdrawal or just make it a little easier? I'm taking 2 50mg pills twice a day, how long until the worst part of the withdrawal is over ad how long until i should feel normal again?



Sally

Some drugs are dangerous to go off of cold turkey, I would recommend you speak to your doctor about this first, but as for the withdrawls and how long they will last, it depends on your total body weight, amount of body fat, and how much water you drink. The more water you drink the faster you will flush it out of you system. But don't go over board on the water either cause that can cause a water overdose. SO try to drink around 6 8oz glasses a day, but not all at once.



Cris

I also go cold turkey, after 3 days of feeling like crap [night sweats,insomnia , unbearable leg cramps, generally feeling tired and irritable] you will feel somewhat better. It usually takes a good week to feel normal. In the meantime take some tylenol p.m. or nyquil at bedtime.xanax or valium is best if you have some. I find tramadol withdrawls worse than anything, even heroin. Good luck!



Arline

i was on ultram for 2 weeks for mouth pain and the worst withdrawal symptom was this light nauseous feeling, it passes in about 3-4 days



Carlo

Going cold turkey is the only way with tramadol...it took me 9 days to get over the withdrawal effects and normal again can be another few weeks...depending on what you were taking it for in the first place



Alayna

just stop taking them. You'll be fine. it's not like you are an alcoholic or a heroin addict. your body will adjust back to the way it was before in a couple weeks. When I quit smoking cigs I would chew gum or get a small bite to eat when I had an urge to smoke.



Chance

my mum took herself off tramadol,I think it took a while for her to feelnormalagain,but she's fine now,,,just try and stick with it...good luck it will be worth it in the end.... :-)



San Ignacio
High Bridge
Des Moines
Spurgeon
Mannsville
Hybla Valley