Is 100mg of iv tramadol an effective painkiller?




Nicol

i am in hospital and i was getting 2.5mg of morphine iv (threw line into vein) 4 times daily. Tomorrow they want to switch my pain relief to 100mg of IV tramadol 4 times daily. Is this an effective painkiller or would i be better askin to stay on the small dose of morphine. They said it'll be what is most effective for me....



Florentina

Tramadol does nothing for me either except make me fell restless and sick... I would stick with morphine if it's helping...



Charley

I personally found that tramadol dose nothing for the pain. This may just be me also i took it in tablet form. best of luck i hope this helps



Buffy

Shawn is one of the people that gets no relief from Tramadol and there are many people like that. For some reason it effects everyone different. I on the other hand think it is one of the best opioids available. I am in chronic pain and have a tolerance for hydrocodone and percocet and tramadol is the only thing that helps. I take 200mg daily and enjoy the mild euphoria along with a chatty buzz that comes along with the amazing pain relief. I think IV Tramadol may be a good alternative to morphine since morphine is such a potent and rather addictive medication. If the Tramadol does not work the nursing staff should happily change you to something else. Feel better soon.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tramadol



Mullins
Maysville
Ledyard
Vanlue
Gladewater
Risingsun