Does anyone else take tramadol tablets?




Chang

how do you find them? iv been taking mine for two days now and they have made me really sleepy and dizzy. is tramadol a form of morphine? and are they bad for you if you take them all the time.



Cortez

they are quite a strong pain killer, and are an opioid so are similar to morphine.but are not addictive in the same way. being tierd is a very common side effect. they are for moderete to severe pain. if your pain is chronic(long lasting) thn something else may be better for you. you shouldnt drive or drink alcohol with thm. they can be addictive, usually in cases of people on them for long term and severe pain this tends to be more phsychological thn chemical, but you dont tend to suffer withdrawels when you stop taking thm. (all drugs can be addictive to a degree) but its important that you dont become dependent on thm, and you allways stick to the recomended dose. if you feel you need to take more thn your dosage thn you need to go see a doctor. hope this helps a bit.



Andrew

you should seek medical advice tramodal effect peoplle in different way but yes on of the ways in tiredness but all tablets like trabodal have that kind of effect if is really bad you should seek medical advice as you would not be able to drive etc



Carma

yes i used to take tramadol if you read the slip inside the packet you will see that sleepiness is one of the side affects it will also say not to drive or operate machinery , and no its not morphine but is a powerful pain killer



Bernadette

Tramadol are a strong painkiller, which i'm sure my doctor said are morphine based. I find they make me dizzy if I haven't eaten enough before I take them, so always make sure you have something in your stomach or the effects will get worse. Like all painkillers there is a risk of becoming addicted if you take them continuously for long periods, but i'm not sure what other effects they may have. If you are concerned, or the sleepiness and dizziness are interfering too much then I would suggest going back to your GP. There may be other more suitable medications for you.



Elvin

Tramadol is the generic version of tramal. It is very strong pain killers. The doctor used to prescribe tramal to me for migraines. I used to go in to emergency for the shot - that is how severe my headaces was. It makes me sleepy for two days if I take it once. It feels like you are tired all the time but don't go into a deep sleep. I won't take them too often - it's a schedule 7 medication. Try to take only one capsule at a time, maybe that will help. Also - Tramadol seems to carry the same side-effects as Tramal, but is not as effective as Tramal. If you have alot of pain, I suggest to switch to Tramal - more expensive, but more effective in pain management.



Allene

they arent a form of morphine, and according to what doctor you talk to depends on if they are bad for you to take on a regular basis.I take them everyday. My dr gave them to me because I had a dependancy on hydrocodone, he said these arent the same kind of narcotic, so is safer for me to take.They dont make me sleepy or dizzy tho, in fact if they have any side effect on me, it makes me a little numb. But they do help my pain.Have you tried taking just half of one? I would try that.



Maryln

My doctor has just this week changed my meds from codeine to tramadol. I have found the tramadol makes me very dizzy and sluggish during the day. The side effects I am getting during the night are far worse though. I find I am not sleeping well and when I do go to sleep I am getting horrendous nightmares and my heart is racing. I would rather have the pain than the side effects. They can be addictive if taken for any length of time but your doctor should be keeping and eye on you.



Hildred

i have not heard of that but i do know it effects people different ways so go see your doctor to see if u should take it



Marhta

My GP gave me Tramadol when I was suffering ovarian cyst pain and they gave me terrible side effects, including nightmares, hot sweats (I was sweating all the time), dizziness, tiredness and depression. They are one of the stronger pain killers and often prescribed at A & E for pain following an injury. They are also addictive, long term.I don't know from your question why your GP has prescribed them for you, but you might be safer using a combination of Ibuprofen and paracetamol, alternating 4 times a day for pain and inflammation. That is what was eventually suggested for me and this seemed to work well. However, as will all drugs there are side effects and one of the side effects of Ibuprofen is raised blood pressure.



Nanuet
Eastpoint
North River
Spring Lake Heights
Terrace Heights
Findlay