Can you drink with tramadol and amityrptaline?




Nanette

I have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and am on Tramadol and amitryptaline. I am celebrating my 60th birthday with a partyHas anyone been on these tablets, and can I drink with them please



Alfredo

I have taken Tramadol & Amitriptilene for my FM and was advised to avoid alcohol. I know everyone is different but I had too many side effects with even a low dose of the amitriptilene to continue taking it, however, my friend is on a high dose and she doesn't have any.



Natashia

always read the label. it shoudl tell you in the pamflet inside



Brent

best avoided due to the way in which tramadol works - but as 1st answerer said check the info that would have come with the tablets



Angila

You should avoid alcohol with both these drugs. With regards to Tramadol and Amitriptyline, these drugs can interact. Have you been prescribed these drugs to take together? There is an increased risk of seizures during co-administration of tramadol with SSRI's If it were, me I'd check with the pharmacist. Certainly this combination should be monitored closely.



Angelika

I believe it's best to avoid drinking with most medication of this sort, particularly the Tramadol, which when given to one of my dogs, spaced her out big time. I guess it depends on how much of a bender you intend to go on for your 60th really. Suggest you speak with your doc. as he may say it's okay provided you come off the medication for a period before, and probably after, the celebration.Congratulations by the way, and welcome to the world of free Bus passes, high Blood Pressure, Cholesterol, probably Type 2 diabetes and all the rest that happens when you reach this stage in life ...........Oh and these are two medications that I actually haven't been on since my graduation.



Cindi

Here is all aswers. Follow first link.



Kacy

I would think that it isn't advisable but I would ask a pharmacist about this as they are the best people to know about adverse effects.



Duanesburg
Green Acres
Takoma Park
Scotch Plains
North Topsail Beach
South Mountain